Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Guest Post from Board Member, Deb Blacquiere

I can hardly believe that my time on Heartside Ministry's Board is coming to an end in December. The past 6 years have been full of learning experiences, eye-opening presentations, and stressful-yet-exciting decisions. While I may have been a mere "numbers person" and joined the Board to further my career, I quickly realized that was not the reason why I continued to serve on the Board. And I will continue to do so until the bylaws force me out in December!

As a fellow board member would say, "we've come a long way, baby!" and I'm so thrilled to have been even a very small part of the immense positive change that this Ministry has and continues to make in our wonderful downtown of Grand Rapids. I love our city, I love our people, and I love that this ministry focuses on the internal needs of the spirit and soul - giving them the power, confidence and tools to succeed and grow.

If anyone is or may be interested in volunteering their time and talents to this Board, I would highly encourage it. This was my first Board experience and yet I felt appreciated and essential to the team. Please let me know if you have any interest as I'd love to chat with you about it!

If you have never heard of or want to know more about the Ministry, check out the website at http://heartside.org/ or watch the below video for a tour! (in person tours available as well, message me or our hard working Chief Executive Director Rev. Andy DeBraber to set something up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment